Google

Monday, October 02, 2006

Hey its me again..

Well I finally broke the full news of my condition to my seven year old son Ethan. I had been avoiding it as I thought he would not understand the full story. I was surprised he took it all very well - better than me explaining it to him. I took the opportunity as he chose a bedtime book about the human body and it had bits about the human body. I showed him where the cancer is located and the reason for my hospital stay. It also made me more happy about my ileostomy. We spent some time discussing about what food is good and bad for me. I showed him my scars from the key hole surgery and my Bard port. I also explained to him how the ileostomy changed the way my body handled my waste products and how the chemo drugs are delivered to my body. It was a touch emotional and at one point he give me a hug and said "you have the best doctor looking after you and you will get better" and we each made a pledge to think positive about it all.
Before anyone else reach for the hankies its a temporary ileostomy that I have. Once the tumour is out and I am cancer free - a couple of months after - they will reverse it .

Chemo day is tomorrow...3rd cycle...

Nite all,

Sai

No comments: